Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fun with Writing

Assalamu Alaikum:)

Alhamdulillah got some time to Blog.
$weetie started to hold her pencil when she's 2 years old, I loved the way she writes (exactly scribbles lol) and names it. So on that day on wards I made her some worksheets and some learning papers (only on writing and drawing coz I didn't know there was worksheet available).
Activity sheets done by me for $weetie


Learning sheets done by her method of learning


So now a days (after knowing the available worksheets) I print a worksheet and give to her, after she's done with it, she ask again and again. Her favorite is matching, and now Mashallah tracing has joined in her favorite list. So the problem is i'm printing a huge amount of worksheets everyday, I thought to do it myself like earlier and realized the waste of time and my $weetie's patience till I finish. So I was searching for a solution and something clicked me, I have seen a binder book in a blog which the blogger has bought for her kid which has a lot of activity in it and the best thing is, it can be written and erased with a marker and a duster, I think some of you know this but this was very new to me. So with that idea i did something like this;


Bought markers, duster and some display books, made sure to see the size fit A4 sheet papers. Printed a lot of activity worksheets. Put them in the display book and that's it, after writing as much as your kids want, erase it and get ready to write again.

These are my display books which $weetie calls "marker books".The green display books holds all the activity sheets in it and i'm filling it with new ones too, and also $weetie's favorite.
Sizes and matching long and short


 Tracing ( $weetie's sweet writing)


 Counting


 Tracing and identifying short and long


Shapes and identifying red color

Tracing and identifying same

The black display book contains Arabic worksheets that I make according to our lesson. So far we had done uptil Tha, and the Alif letter is taken out for $weety to do. 





And the blue display book contains our English alphabet worksheets which I also fill according to our lesson so far we had done uptil C



Letter A was taken out for $weetie.

I did this single display cover for $weetie to write a worksheet that I need her to concentrate for writing practice. For this I took off a page from the display book and sealed its vertical side with a sealer so I could change sheets in it.

After $weetie writes I'll make sure that she does erase before closing, coz if we erase after one day the ink will be a little visible, when its visible i'll put a drop of cologne onto duster and wipe the pages so it turns like a new one. 

Alhamdulillah these books make $weetie to sit and write and a great way for writing practice and I also see this as a worth time pass for my $weety. All praise is due to Allah for the idea and a solution he gave me to save ink from the printer (I really mean it) and for everything he provided us. 
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...